WHELDRAKE PARISH CHURCH
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT THE CARE AND PROTECTION OF CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE, ADULTS or DOMESTIC ABUSE or THAT SOMEBODY YOU KNOW IS AT RISK OF OR BEING ABUSED – THEN PLEASE CONTACT ONE OF THE CHURCH CONTACTS BELOW:
CHURCH SAFEGUARDING REPRESENTATIVES:
REV’D PETER BURGESS: 01904 448309
DR. CATHARINE GRIEVSON: 01904 448439
or if either of the above are not available:
Parish phone number is: 01904 448230
NSPCC 0808 800 50000
City of York emergency duty team on 01609 780780
Police on 101
The full text of the Diocesan safeguarding working policy can be seen here (https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2019-03/Parish%20Safeguarding%20Handbook%20March%202019.pdf)
Parish Safeguarding Policy
The Parish of St Helen, Wheldrake
SAFEGUARDING POLICY – PROMOTING A SAFER CHURCH
The following policy was agreed at the Parochial Church Council (PCC) meeting held on 16” January 2019 In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy” our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and suppDrting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for tho5e who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
» Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
» Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of 8ishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and thal these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Rev’d Peter Burgess as the Parish Safeguarding Officer
Incumbent ………Jackie Doyle- Brett ……………
Churchwarden ..Michol Rawet……….